Digital marketing vs. Traditional marketing, What is the difference in them ?
For a low budget small business, it is important to choose the right way, spend it in right direction and make most out of what you spend. But for most of organizations, choosing the right marketing is not easy. By knowing the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing and getting clarity about them helps to choose the right way of marketing.
The traditional marketing is advertising outside of online marketing. The traditional marketing includes various types. The first one is print which includes ad in newspapers and magazines, second one is broadcast which includes TV and radio, telephonic which includes sms marketing and telemarketing, direct mail which includes catologues and postcards, and outside marketing includes billboards and flyers.
Traditional marketing has evolved in the past few decades, but the fundamental aspects of it will remain the same. Traditional marketing is being actively challenged by the online marketing today. While traditional marketing is still effective,but it has some drawbacks.
The drawbacks of traditional marketing are :
- Little or no interaction between the customers and the medium used.
- It has no control over the ad placed, you have to replace the old ad with the new ad.
- Printing materials are expensive and you has to hire people to distribute these.
- You can’t measure the results of traditional marketing.
- In traditional marketing you cannot reach the targeted audience.
Digital marketing is the marketing done through the digital channels like websites and social media as tools for marketing communication.
The advantages of the digital marketing over the traditional marketing, is that digital marketing can be transformational, especially when the right channels are choose .
Advantage of digital marketing are :
Digital marketing or Online advertising can be affordable even by the small and young businesses.
- Digital marketing results are much easier to measure the digital campaign can reach an infinite number of audience. It is possible to tailor a digital campaign to reach local audience and also be used on the web and reach the entire globe when appropriate.
- Digital marketing is a very interactive ways of reaching the targeted audience since it makes use of social outlets.
- There can be numerous direct contact between the audience and the business, that means the business can get the very valuable consumer feedback.